Thursday, August 25, 2011

"I Have a Coupon for That!"

 For a couple of months now I have been buying Saturday/Sunday papers, All You magazine as well as watching other magazines and the internet for good coupons. I already had a rather large 3 ring binder that was just sitting around, so I immediately created my "coupon binder" and set off on my way. It really is a good 'grown up' escape. Clipping coupons can be relaxing. 

 In the beginning I was happy with picking up the name brand for the same price or slightly less than store brands. I remember one Walmart trip Dale was with me and I heard him say to Elijah "mommy just saved $20." I think I'm getting better.  In my short time doing this I have picked up some really good bargains. Ex. Free toothpaste ($2.99 value), free toothbrush($4), baby wipes (Huggies tubs $2.50-$3)  for 41 cents TV dinners (banquet $1.85) for .19. YES I LOVE coupons. There has been plenty of disappointment with empty shelves, but I am not going to give up.

 Walgreen's was my first store. It was really easy to figure out their policy. I love their RegisterRewards.  Kroger has become my favorite because they double coupons. Then of course Walmart has the AdMatch program but it doesn't help if you are counting on doubles or RR.

 I love websites and blogs about couponing (I'm sure couponing will be in websters dictionary along with googling real soon) and freebies. Facebook is a really good way to find deals. From Facebook friends I have found some really good websites that feature one day deals for moms and babies. Also companies are often posting on their pages about giveaways and coupons. I haven't really found anyone locally with a blog so I'm thinking about trying to start doing some posts about my shopping and coupon match-ups."I'm gonna use my coupons and get free stuff no matter how much it costs"  LOL What do you think?