Friday, November 30, 2012

Pinterest KnockOffs







 I am addicted to pinterest.com. Of course who isn't? This holiday season Pinterest is booming with ideas, projects and recipes! So excited to try some of those during my time off work. Today though I am showing you my Snowman tower made from boxes! I turned some of last years wrapping paper inside out (you can see the bottom box was skimped a little) and wrapped up some of my FedEx and UPS boxes. Elijah drew on the snowman's face and gave him some buttons. Then I added a little mesh for sparkle and gave him one of my scarves and a toboggan.

BUT do you want to know their secret!? They have the gifts I've already purchased wrapped and tucked neatly inside! The boys are none the wiser! Hopefully my secret is safe until Christmas Eve!













This little 24 days of Christmas books was also found on pinterest. I found some really cheap ones from booksamillion in October and had them tucked away, and we had a few Christmas books on our bookshelf. I added in some Christmas movies and hope to hit the library for the last five books we need!






The best part is we get to begin opening a book and reading tomorrow night! I've really been looking forward to this because Elijah's Kindergarten class has been reading 20 minutes a day in order to earn a pizza from "BOOKIT." Reading is fun! (And Elijah has been learning so quickly.)