Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What an exciting experience!

picture belongs to 23blast.blogspot.com
Recently at work a strange group walked through "taking a tour" with a BRMC employee. They stopped and told us they were thinking of shooting a movie at the hospital. After they walked away I began asking about them and found out that among them - actually the one doing the talking was Dylan Baker who had played on Spider Man 2. I tried to search facebook to see if he had a 'fan page' and accidently typed his name in my status and was unable to erase it from my phone. Ha.
Shortly after that they visited again. This time I spoke to Dylan Baker face to face. He was asking about IV's and how it would look if a patient ripped it out. I joked with family saying "he knows House" because I found out along with Spider Man he'd also appeared on Monk, House and other things. This visit they told us they would be filming April 5 and 6th.
Enter Google. Must find out what this '23 Blast' is about. I found their blogspot. Check out http://23blast.blogspot.com/ and like their facebook page as well. So as I begin to read their blog about the movie the first post I come upon... "We're happy to announce that playing our film's hero, Travis, will be the talented Mark Hapka." Now honestly I had never heard of Mark but reading on, "He joins 23 Blast team after a short but successful career in television most notably playing Nathan Horton on the long running Days of Our Lives." Say what!? Nathan Horton aka Mark Hapka is going to be playing a pediatric patient, in one of my patient rooms. Awesome! Check the schedule. Yes I work both days! Woo hoo!