Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Read with a Child (20 minutes a day, every day)

Off to work with a children's book in hand.



I'd be lying if I said I read with my children 20 minutes everyday, but we try our best to read everyday. Sarah often carries books through the house and "reads" them or sits and asks me to read them over and over. Levi will sit and read books to himself quite often as well. But the one thing they are persistent about is reading before bed. When I read aloud to them. I'd also be lying if I said the kids sat quietly and listened.
 Over the summer we read Black Beauty, then we continued to read Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus and ended up falling in love with Junie B. We have now (months later) managed to read almost all of her books.
Some time ago I thought of taking a short book to school to read to the boys while on break. Of course being a nightshift nurse doesn't always allow taking a break or even lunch at a planned time, so it only happens once in a while. Levi loves waiting for mommy to facetime and read. Sarah bounces around and continues to play but I hope one day they remember these moments fondly. I know I will miss them!
FaceTime reading with mommy at work