Thursday, July 14, 2016

Van Meet Turkey, Turkey Meet Van!

I clocked out after work and was headed home down the bypass
when not 5 minutes from work I saw a beautiful turkey in the
field on the opposite side of the road. Thinking surely
it will not walk out in front of this truck I think I slowed
down a bit with curiosity. Sure enough it continued
walking out in front of that truck and at the last second
it flew but unfortunately there was another vehicle
in the oncoming lane, ME! I thought it would fly right above
me and I think I also thought it would just bounce
off, I guess it did but not without some damage.

It was an absolute gorgeous turkey. When I called Dale he asked
if it had a beard. Oh, and the phone call. Elijah answered and
when I told him that Mommy hit a turkey and couldn't drive he
just bee bopped off and yelled it to Daddy like it was an everyday
occurrence.