Sunday, September 23, 2012

Being a ROCK STAR MOM

Eager to Play

Loves It!

Working away

I once was a Y now I'm a turkey track- By Elijah!
Recently looking through pinterest I came across "how to be a Rock Star Mom." Of course I want to be a Rock Star Mom just like everyone else, right!? So I began reading through the list. It has lots of creative ideas such as lunch box notes, going on a nature walk, baking with one child, foam sword fighting. The list was a long one. Just before I stopped reading I found one reader suggested buying a notepad, construction paper and writing utensils and playing "I once was" with the children.

Since Elijah has made "homework" for me a couple nights in a row, I decided I should do this with him right now. Easily 45 minutes have gone by and he's still interested. I took a notebook and wrote the alphabet and handed it to him. I explained that the game was to take a letter and create a drawing with it. I started (from the pinner's suggestion) with "I once was an A now I'm a swing-set" and let him watch as I transformed the A into a swing-set! His face lit up. Levi wanted a turn so after he marked a little I said "I once was a B now I'm a butterfly and created the other wing and antennas. Yes, I was a ROCK STAR MOM!