Sunday, August 12, 2012

Homework

Homework Folder
First Homework!
Weekend Homework & EXTRA on the right




























Elijah has homework. I still can't believe it! His first homework on the third day of school was to look for shapes around the home. Then on Friday I asked him to get his homework done so we didn't have to worry about it anymore. He fussed a minute and then said, "well I'm only doing it for a minute." It only took a minute to do the worksheet which included matching shapes and counting a few objects on the bottom of the page. He done this perfectly, with the exception of writing a couple of numbers backward. So that was it, and when he had finished he even asked "that's it? I'm done!" So proud of my boy.
Saturday he walked into the kitchen and found his folder still sitting on the kitchen table and asked again if he had anymore homework. I was thinking about it when he said, "why don't you print me some more homework." I did. The picture on the right with colorful shapes is the EXTRA homework he asked for. He did it perfectly! He said he wants to take it to school to show his teacher. I think he will really like school when he gets more comfortable with it. Daddy told him it's like a competition and all the students have to answer the questions and make the best grades to win the competitions. He even said as we were turning in one night... "I want to be a teacher when I grow up, and I'll just tell the kids I was scared in Kindergarten too."